Sedation, 5th Edition
A Guide to Patient Management
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Combining essential theory with “how-to” technical instruction, this concise guide is the leading reference for basic techniques in sedation and anxiety control in the dental office. The latest guidelines from the ADA and the American Society of Anesthesiologists keep you up-to-date with the latest medical standards. Content on patient management for pediatric, geriatric, physically compromised, and medically compromised patients helps you successfully treat any patient population.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Chapter 40-Legal Considerations includes the current liability standards for patient treatment to help you protect yourself and your patients.
- Chapter 41-The Controversial Development of Anesthesiology in Dentistry focuses on the growing controversies, legal and otherwise, from both without and within the profession.
- Updated patient management procedures provide the most current guidelines on everything from AHA CPR standards to the safest sedative procedures.
- Full-color art program shows anatomy and other important concepts in vibrant detail.
- Photos of the newest sedation and emergency equipment ensure you have the latest information on developments in the field.
- In-depth discussions of the pharmacology of commonly used sedative agents allow you to fully understand properties and characteristics of drugs used.
- Combines all aspects of sedation with essential theory and instruction
- Boxes and tables highlight key information and make it easy to find important content.
By Stanley F. Malamed, DDS, Professor and Chair, Section of Anesthesia and Medicine, University of Southern California School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, CA