Illustrated Study Guide for the NCLEX-RN® Exam, 7th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$49.95|
Fun and engaging, this must-have review resource covers the nursing concepts and content found on the latest NCLEX-RN examination. It features a concise outline format that's perfect for studying, as well as 2,020 review questions to test your knowledge and help you prepare for the exam. Colorful illustrations and mnemonic cartoons clarify essential nursing concepts and offer a visual way for you to remember key facts for the NCLEX exam. Answers and rationales are provided for every practice question.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Additional practice questions raise the total to 2,020 in the book and on the companion CD.
- More figures, charts, and cartoons further illustrate important anatomy, procedures, and disease processes.
- Application and analysis questions challenge you to use your critical thinking skills and closely mirror the types of questions on the NCLEX-RN® examination.
- UNIQUE! A pediatric disorders icon makes it easy to distinguish pediatric disorders from adult disorders in chapters with system-integrated content.
- The detailed table of contents includes disorder headings to help you quickly find information on specific disorders within system-integrated content.
- Unique! An integrated systems approach incorporates pediatric, adult, and older adult lifespan considerations in each body system chapter.
- Unique! Mnemonic cartoons provide a fun, easy way to review and remember key nursing concepts.
- A full-color, user-friendly design enhances content and helps you quickly locate special features.
- Appendixes for each chapter summarize medications and nursing procedures for quick reference.
- Practice questions at the end of each chapter and on the companion CD -- 2,020 in all -- provide a wealth of NCLEX examination preparation in both print and electronic formats.
- The companion CD features practice questions available in both study and quiz/exam modes that are divided by content area and allow you to create a customized review experience based on your personal study needs.
- Electronic alternate item format questions on the CD, such as priority drag-and-drop and "hot spot" illustrated point-and-click questions, prepare you for the interactive question types you'll encounter on the computerized NCLEX examination.
- Answers and rationales for all review questions help you understand why correct answers are right and incorrect options are wrong.
- An Alert! feature highlights key nursing concepts frequently found on the NCLEX examination.
- Separate chapters on pharmacology and nursing management help you focus on these areas of emphasis on the NCLEX examination.
By JoAnn Zerwekh, EKH, MSN, EdD, RN, Executive Director, Nursing Education Consultants, Ingram, TX; Nursing Faculty - Online Campus, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ and Jo Carol Claborn, MS, RN, Executive Director, Nursing Education Consultants, Ingram, TX