Chestnut's Obstetric Anesthesia: Principles and Practice, 4th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
The updated fourth edition of this comprehensive, highly respected reference covers all you need to know about obstetric anesthesiafrom basic science to various anesthesia techniques to complications. The editorial team of leading authorities in the field now features Drs. Linda S. Polley, Lawrence C. Tsen, and Cynthia A. Wong and presents the latest on anesthesia techniques for labor and delivery and medical disorders that occur during pregnancy. This edition features two new chapters and rewritten versions of key chapters such as Epidural and Spinal Analgesia and Anesthesia. And, Expert Consult functionality allows you to access the entire contents of the book online.
New to This Edition
- Features new chapters on Patient Safety and Maternal Mortality to address the latest developments in the field and keep you current.
- Presents completely rewritten chapters on Epidural and Spinal Analgesia and Anesthesia, Anesthesia for Cesarean Section, and Hypertension Disorders, updated by new members of the editorial team—Drs. Linda S. Polley, Lawrence C. Tsen, and Cynthia A. Wong, for state-of-the-art coverage of key topics and new insights.
- Covers all the latest guidelines and protocols for safe and effective practice so you can offer your patients the very best.
- Allows you to access the entire contents of the book online, from any internet connection through Expert Consult.
- Emphasizes the treatment of the fetus and the mother as separate patients with distinct needs to ensure the application of modern principles of care.
- Delivers contributions from many leaders in the fields of obstetric anesthesia and maternal-fetal medicine from all over the world.
- Offers abundant figures, tables, and boxes that illustrate the step-by-step management of a full range of clinical scenarios.
- Presents key point summaries in each chapter for quick, convenient reference.
“Obstetric Anesthesia: Principles and Practice remains loyal to its original objectives, presenting a detailed and pertinent examination of the obstetric patient for the student of anesthesia…Chestnut and his contributors transform ambiguous and occasionally contradictory conclusions found in scholarly papers into timely, readable discussions…An undeniable resource for the student of anesthesia, Obstetric Anesthesia: Principles and Practice warrants consideration from both specialties.”
-Anesth. Analg., review of the previous edition
By David H. Chestnut, MD, Director of Medical Education, Gundersen Lutheran Health System, Professor of Anesthesiology, Associate Dean for the Western Academic Campus, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, La Crosse, Wisconsin