Just the Facts, 4th Edition
A Pocket Guide to Basic Nursing
Just the Facts provides beginning students with all the facts and figures they need to know for their early clinical experiences. It's a portable, concise reference that contains a wealth of information, ranging from definitions and abbreviations to dosage calculations and lab values. It's a valuable tool that students will rely on throughout their nursing career.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Thoroughly updated information reflects current practice:.
- Includes new 2007 Pressure Ulcer Staging Guidelines from the National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel.
- Includes new guidelines for restraint and bedrail use.
- Includes current NANDA, NIC, and NOC.
- Includes new abbreviation guidelines from The Joint Commission.
- Content presented in tabular, list and outline format provides quick and easy retrieval.
- Includes basic facts and figures students need for early clinical experiences.
- Basic assessment by body system allows for ease in locating specific information.
- Small, portable size enhances utility for students.
- Chapter outlines with corresponding page numbers provide quick, easy access to information.
- English-to-Spanish Translation Guide assists students posing general medical questions to Spanish-speaking patients.
By Veronica Peterson, BA, RN, BSN, MS, Manager of Clinical Support, University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation; Adjunct Clinical Instructor, University of Wisconsin School of Nursing, Madison, WI