The Human Body in Health & Disease - Softcover, 5th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Get a complete introduction to anatomy and physiology with the resource that makes challenging concepts easier to understand! Now in its 5th edition, The Human Body in Health & Disease clarifies the structures and functions of the human body with a proven, highly visual, student-friendly approach. A brand new design eases you into A&P with an inviting layout and vibrant, detailed illustrations included with text content.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- User-friendly design includes more than 450 new or updated illustrations and breaks free of the traditional 2-column format of most A&P texts to simplify explanations of difficult concepts and enhance your learning.
- The Clear View of the Human Body transparencies provide a unique atlas of the male and female body that you can peel back layer-by-layer.
- AnimationDirect ties textbook content to matching animations on the companion CD to demonstrate physiologic functions and reinforce understanding.
- Dozens of full-color micrographs of cellular structures introduce you to anatomy and physiology at its most basic level.
- Study Tips at the beginning of each chapter offer practical advice for learning new material.
- A straightforward, conversational writing style clearly explains difficult anatomic and physiologic terminology and principles.
- Quick Check questions, Critical Thinking Challenges, case studies, chapter tests, and more provide helpful review and self-assessment opportunities at the end of each chapter.
- Health and Well-Being boxes reinforce the basic concepts of human structure and function by applying them to current problems in public health, athletics, and fitness.
- Clinical Applications demonstrate how disease affects normal function as well as how therapies can restore normal function.
- Research, Issues, and Trends boxes focus on the dynamic fields of science, technology, and ethics underlying modern concerns in human biology.
- Science Applications examine career paths by exploring the work of influential figures in the history of science.
- Chapter outlines introduce each chapter and allow you to focus on the most important themes and concepts.
- Chapter objectives identify key goals and highlight the information you should master in each chapter.
By Gary A. Thibodeau, PhD, Chancellor Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Biology, University of Wisconsin, River Falls, River Falls, WI; and Kevin T. Patton, PhD, Professor of Life Science, St. Charles Community College, St. Peters, MO, Adjunct Assistant Professor of Physiology, Saint Louis University Medical School, St. Louis, MO