Rosen's Emergency Medicine - Concepts and Clinical Practice, 2-Volume Set, 7th Edition
Expert Consult Premium Edition - Enhanced Online Features and Print
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
In an emergency, you only have one chance...and usually very little time...to make the right decision. How can you be certain you have the knowledge you need? Through six editions, Rosen's Emergency Medicine has set the standard in emergency medicine, offering unparalleled comprehensiveness, clarity, and authority. Now, the seventh edition places the latest knowledge at your fingertips, while a more streamlined format makes it easy to find the exact information you seek more rapidly and conveniently than ever before. Best of all, this resource includes access to a companion website where you will find the full text of the book, reference links to MEDLINE, and more.
New to This Edition
- Includes access to the complete contents online at expertconsult.com, fully searchable, as well as reference links to Medline, critical new clinical findings and recommendations, and a question-and-answer review section with over 1100 questions that enables you to brush up on key information in a quick and convenient manner.
- Presents greatly expanded coverage of emergency ultrasound and emergency gynecological disorders to place the latest knowledge at your fingertips, as well as state-of-the-art coverage of emergency ultrasound, management of sepsis, new airway devices, updated protocols for adult and pediatric cardiac arrest, STEMI and NSTEMI/ACS, DVT and PTE, and much, much more.
- Features a streamlined format (now two volumes instead of three) that focuses on the most need-to-know information so you can find answers more quickly.
- Presents more than 1,200 exquisite color illustrations that accurately capture the real-life appearance of patient symptoms and diagnostic imaging findings, helping you to reach a definitive diagnosis more easily.
- Includes "Cardinal Presentations" sections that provide quick and easy guidance on differential diagnosis and directed testing.
“An impressive work...belongs in every emergency department library.” - JAMA, review of the last edition.
"First published in 1983, this 7th edition of Rosen’s Emergency Medicine, Concepts and Clinical Practice, is a clear and comprehensive two volume reference guide to current emergency medicine practice. As with each edition, emphasis has been placed on presenting evidence-based theory and applying it to clinical practice. Overall, this is an excellent book, if somewhat focused on North American practice, and it is a very useful reference text both for trainees and specialists in Emergency Medicine."
Rosen’s Emergency Medicine, December 2009
By John Marx, MD, Chair and Chief, Department of Emergency Medicine, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC; Robert Hockberger, MD, Chair, Department of Emergency Medicine, Harbor/UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA and Ron Walls, MD, Chairman, Department of Emergency Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA