Mosby's PDQ for LPN, 2nd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Exactly what you need for the clinical setting, this pocket-sized reference offers instant access to hundreds of nursing facts, formulas, lab values, and procedures. Key coverage of drugs, emergency care, pediatrics, patient teaching, obstetrics, geriatrics, patient assessment, and more is divided into 10 easy-to-use sections each tabbed and color-coded with a rapid-reference table of contents to help you find information fast. It also features a special facts section containing essential formulas, conversion tables, and abbreviations.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- UNIQUE! Includes a useful new bookmark/ruler with selected standard measurements.
- Section on emergency care includes information on basic first aid, airway management and ventilation techniques, CPR, and treatment for common medical procedures.
- Integrated sections on vital signs and assessment make finding information more convenient.
- New and expanded information on acute care for stroke patients provides you with vital information on how to react quickly in an emergency.
- Waterproof and stain-resistant paper allows the book to float if dropped into water and stay clean -- great for the busy and sometimes chaotic clinical setting.
- Includes more patient teaching resources, such as reliable websites and cancer screening recommendations.
- Spiral binding and pocket size make it handy to carry around and lay flat for reference.
- Tabbed sections make information easy to find and help you gain quick access to hundreds of essential facts, formulas, lab values, procedures, and more.
- Each section divider includes a rapid-reference table of contents so you can quickly locate the information you need within each section, plus handy cross-references to related content throughout the book.
- Section devoted to geriatrics contains handy information on medication, pressure ulcers, procedural changes when working with the elderly, proper use of restraints, and learning needs of older adults.
- Includes a collection of regularly needed clinical information such as formulas, conversions, procedures, and lab values - all necessary to deliver safe nursing care.
"PDQ for LPN is a well organized compendium of nursing facts. These facts are categorized and readily accessible by colour coded tabs which list all subsections in that category."
Nurse Education in Practice, 2009
"This sturdy, American pocket reference for licensed practical nurses-general nurses- contains a wealth of information in the form of concise instructions and facts."Nursing Standard, September 2009