Berman's Pediatric Decision Making, 5th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Sample ChaptersPulmonary - Stridor Pulmonary Disorders - Bronchiolitis Neonatal Disorders - Neonatal Herpes Simplex Infections Musculoskeletal Disorders - Evaluation of Musculoskeletal Disorders and Overuse Syndromes Fever - Fever of Unknown Origin Ear/Nose/Throat - Acute Otitis Media
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Berman’s Pediatric Decision Making uses an algorithmic, structured approach to lead you to the right diagnosis and treatment every time. Drs. Lalit Baja, Simon Hambidge, Ann-Christine Nyquist, and Gwendolyn Kerby use evidence-based research and flow charts for each presenting complaint or specific disorder to provide quick access to the information you need for effective decision making. With updated drug tables, revised algorithms, and full-text online access at www.expertconsult.com, this streamlined new edition makes it even easier for you to diagnose and manage common clinical problems from infancy through adolescence.
New to This Edition
- Access the fully searchable contents online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Stay current on recent developments and make effective decisions for movement disorders, physical abuse in children, sexual abuse in children, eating disorders, ADHD, and other hot topics.
- Find answers quickly and easily with a new table of contents organized into two sections-Presenting Complaints and Specific Disorders-that reduces the need to flip between chapters.
- Tap into the diverse perspectives of expert authors from all over the country.
- Get only the information you need in the streamlined new edition with shorter, more user-friendly flow diagrams and fewer specialized chapters.
- Rapidly access guidance on diagnosis and management from algorithms for each clinical disorder.
- Treat the full range of diseases and disorders with comprehensive coverage of diagnosis, assessment of severity, and clinical management.
Choose the best treatment for each case thanks to indications for surgical interventions as well as expensive diagnostic procedures
By Lalit Bajaj, MD, MPH, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center; Co-Director, Short Stay Unit, Research Director, Section of Emergency Medicine, The Children's Hospital, Denver, CO; Simon Hambidge, MD, PhD, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center; Staff Physician, Pediatrics, Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, CO; Ann-Christine Nyquist, MD, MSPH, Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Preventive Medicine, Medical Director, Infection Control, Director, The Children's Hospital CHIP Youth Project, The Children's Hospital, Denver, CO and Gwendolyn Kerby, MD, Assistant Professor, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center; Director, Pulmonary Clinical Programs, Infant Pulmonary Function Laboratory, Asthma Program, and Pulmonary Diagnostic Center, The Children's Hospital, Denver, CO