Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology - Text and Anatomy and Physiology Online Course (User Guide and Access Code)
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$130.95|
Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology offers a clear, concise, and engaging account of the human body and its systems, with just the right amount of content. Designed for one-semester A&P courses and for students with little or no background in anatomy and physiology, this new, value-priced, text provides a solid framework for learning and understanding the interrelations of body systems. Seasoned authors and experienced educators, Kevin Patton, Gary Thibodeau, and Matthew Douglas use a conversational writing style and a variety of study tools to help you arrive at a complete understanding of human anatomy. What's more, a dynamic, full-color design with spectacular artwork offers a clear view of the human body, providing expert visual guidance while enhancing your learning experience.Table of Contents
- Consistent, unifying elements throughout the book help you understand the interrelation of body systems and how the structure and function of these change in relation to age and development.
- A dynamic full-color design with more than 1,000 full-color photographs and illustrations visually reinforce and clarify complex concepts.
- The unique Clear View of the Human Body transparencies display the internal view of male and female bodies along several different planes, strengthening your knowledge of the structure of the body.
- Study hints offer specific suggestions for using many of the learning aids found in each chapter.
- Student learning objectives highlight the things you should know after completing each chapter, helping you focus on the most important concepts.
- Introductory Stories present real-life clinical situations at the beginning of each chapter, with follow-up questions that challenge you to apply what you've learned in practical and creative ways.
- Quick Check questions after major sections reinforce learning by prompting you to immediately review new concepts.
- Review questions at the end of every chapter help you determine how well you have mastered important concepts.
- Critical thinking questions at the end of every chapter challenge your reasoning skills.
- Learning resources on evolve.elsevier.com include A&P Connect, answers to Introductory Story questions, answers to Quick Check questions, audio chapter summaries, audio glossary, Body Spectrum Electronic Anatomy Coloring Book, FAQs, Mechanisms of Disease, online tutoring, Quick Guide to the Language and Science of Medicine, student post-test questions, and web links to related sites.
- Anatomy and Physiology Online features a comprehensive and interactive online course with 22 modules following the body systems presented in the book.
By Kevin T. Patton, PhD, Professor of Life Science, St. Charles Community College, St. Peters, MO, Adjunct Assistant Professor of Physiology, Saint Louis University Medical School, St. Louis, MO; Gary A. Thibodeau, PhD, Chancellor Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Biology, University of Wisconsin, River Falls, River Falls, WI and Matthew M. Douglas, PhD, Professor of Zoology
Grand Rapids Community College
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Adjunct Professor, Department of Entomology
Michigan State University
East Lansing, Michigan