Medical Genetics, 4th Edition
With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Medical Genetics is the clearest and most concise text on the subject, providing state-of-the-art coverage of clinically relevant molecular genetics. Lynn B. Jorde, PhD; John C. Carey, MD; and Michael J. Bamshad, MD integrate recent developments with clinical practice and emphasize the central principles of genetics and their clinical applications. Now in full color, this edition provides you with the stunning visual clarity so important in this field. Get the very latest on hot topics like gene identification, cancer genetics, gene testing and gene therapy, common diseases, ethical and social issues, personalized medicine, and much more. With Student Consult access, you’ll get the full text online, along with images, 150 USMLE-style questions, and the clinical commentary and patient/family vignette boxes from the text—collated by chapter—for review. The accompanying Evolve site provides additional faculty notes, higher resolution images, 150 multiple choice questions, and 100 sample problems and essay questions. In other words, this is an indispensable resource that should be on every reading list.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Enhances the visual impact of the material with full-color illustrations throughout the text for easier and more effective learning and retention.
- Presents a new chapter on genomics and personalized medicine for the latest on these hot topics.
- Provides you with the latest knowledge and research on gene identification, cancer genetics, gene testing and gene therapy, common disorders, ethical and social issues, and much more so you can keep up with current developments in genetics.
- Includes study questions at the end of every chapter so you can test yourself and retain the material.
- Features additional clinically commentary boxes throughout the text to show the relevance of genetics to everyday patient problems to prepare you for problem-based integrated courses.
- Includes access to the complete text and images online at studentconsult.com along with 150 additional USMLE-style questions for self-assessment.
- Features mini-summaries, study questions, suggested reading, and a detailed glossary to supplement and reinforce what you learn from the text.
- Demonstrates clinical relevance through over 230 photographs, illustrations, and tables, along with boxes containing patient/family vignettes.
- Supplements the text with online access to EVOLVE Resources.
- Contains additional faculty notes, higher resolution images, 150 multiple choice questions, and 100 sample problems and essay questions online for teaching purposes.
By Lynn B. Jorde, PhD, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT; John C. Carey, MD, MPH, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT and Michael J. Bamshad, MD, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT