Principles and Practice of Radiation Therapy, 3rd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$223.00|
Learn everything you need to know about radiation therapy with the only comprehensive text written for radiation therapy students by radiation therapists. Principles and Practice of Radiation Therapy is designed to help you understand cancer management, improve clinical techniques for delivering doses of radiation, and apply complex concepts to treatment planning and delivery. This edition features enhanced learning tools and thoroughly updated content, including three new chapters to inform you of increasingly important technologies and practices. The up-to-date and authoritative coverage of this text make it a resource you'll want to consult throughout your radiation therapy courses and beyond.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Chapters on image guided radiation therapy, intensity modulated radiation therapy, and CT simulation keep you up-to-date with emerging technologies.
- Objectives, bulleted summaries, and spotlights join an already impressive list of pedagogical features including chapter outlines, key terms, review questions with answers, critical thinking questions, and a complete, updated glossary.
- Color inserts show significant procedures and imaging technologies clearly.
- Complete coverage of radiation therapy provides all introductory content plus the full scope of information on physics, simulation, and treatment planning.
- This popular and well-reviewed text continues to be regarded by many radiation therapy professionals as a strong, comprehensive, and authoritative source.
- Contributions from a broad range of practitioners bring you the expertise of radiation therapists, physicians, nurses, administrators, and educators who are part of cancer management teams.
By Charles M. Washington, MBA, RT(T), FASRT, Director, Clinical Services and Operations, The University of Texas, M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX and Dennis T. Leaver, MS, RT(R)(T), FASRT, Professor and Chair, Radiation Therapy Department, Southern Maine Community College, S. Portland, ME