Pain Management and Procedural Sedation Handbook
Mobile Medicine Series
This brand-new title in the Mobile Medicine series equips you with the advanced techniques and the practical guidance you need to successfully manage a full range of pain management and procedural sedations problems. Coverage of emergency and non-emergency settings, pediatric considerations, basic pharmacology, end of life issues, and more prepare you to successfully handle any situation you may encounter. Solutions containing both drug and procedural treatments help you provide efficient, effective care, while the book’s portable size and user-friendly layout make information accessible and easy to understand.Table of Contents
- Presents a balanced approach to pain management, combining techniques and agents such as neural blockade and parenteral therapy so you can optimally treat your patients.
- Offers up-to-date expert guidance on pain management and procedural sedation, keeping you on the cusp of the latest advances.
- Delivers key concepts in each chapter to help you communicate better at the bedside and on clinical rounds.
- Includes basic pharmacology and considerations of alternative agents and methods so you have a more versatile approach to pain management.
- Features a logical organization, quick reference tables, key point boxes, concise algorithms, and focused content that get you to the answers you need in a flash.
By William J. Phillips, MD, FACEP, Associate Professor, Director of Resident Education, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS; John C. Keith, MD, Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS; Loretta Jackson-Williams, MD, PhD, Associate Professor, Emergency Medicine, Clinical Course Director for Students and Residents, Director Basic Science Research, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS; and Anna A. Lerant, MD, Associate Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS