Nursing Delegation and Management of Patient Care
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$66.95|
This dynamic resource is your guide to the latest information on the roles and responsibilities of the manager of patient care, core competencies required of nurses caring for patients, and a wide range of management concepts that nurses need to know before entering practice. With an emphasis on patient safety and evidence-based practice, it provides complete coverage of patient care management, leadership, information management, organizational planning, and human resources.Table of Contents
- Organized around the five major functional groups within health care organizations that nurses handle or frequently interact with - patient care management, leadership, information management, organizational planning, and human resources.
- Important content on the environment of care examines hospital safety and security issues including emergency codes, Safe Patient Handling and Movement and Materials Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Evidence-Based boxes summarize current research and best practices for topics throughout the textbook.
- Clinical Corner boxes discuss practice process improvements made by nurses, including safe, effective practices used at their institutions and how they improve patient care.
- NCLEX® examination-style review questions at the end of each chapter offer valuable review and exam preparation.
By Kathleen Motacki, RN, MSN, Nursing Faculty, Farleigh Dickinson University, Teaneck, NJ, USA and Kathleen Burke, RN, PhD, Assistant Professor and Assistant Dean of Nursing, School of Nursing, Ramapo College, Mahwah, NJ, USA