Mosby's Nursing Video Skills - Basic Skills DVD, 3rd Edition
Help students learn how to correctly perform basic nursing procedures with these interactive, engaging videos. Clear, step-by-step demonstrations of over 40 key nursing procedures present the skills needed for confident performance in labs and clinicals. For each skill, students can also test their understanding with NCLEX® examination-style review questions with rationales.Table of Contents
- A consistent format for each skill takes students from planning to follow-up care complete with review questions!
- Overviews present the purpose of the skill, safety precautions, and delegation guidelines to help students put skills in the context of patient care.
- Preparation includes patient assessment and any appropriate patient preparation needed before the procedure.
- Equipment familiarizes students with the most current equipment used for each procedure.
- Procedure Videos let students watch and learn with over 40 videos of key nursing procedures that are performed by real nurses and feature the most current practices. Many videos feature dynamic 3-D animations to show what is happening inside the body. Students can also print out handy procedure guidelines that include the steps for each procedure.
- Follow-up Care outlines appropriate assessment, evaluation, and interventions to ensure comprehensive patient care.
- Documentation provides guidelines on what and how to document care provided and patient response, and includes sample documentation that can be printed for review.
- Review Questions feature NCLEX examination-style review questions with rationales so students can evaluate their understanding of each skill.
- Play All option allows you to automatically play through each of the sections sequentially for group viewing.
- Each video approximately 5 minutes.
- Available for play on a standard DVD player or computer with a DVD drive.
- Networking capabilities (single, local area computer network only).