Mosby's Nursing Video Skills - Student Version DVD, 3rd Edition
Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced Skills
Learn to perform the skills you need for nursing practice today with engaging, interactive videosTable of Contents
New to This Edition
With these engaging, interactive videos, you’ll be able to understand and master more than 140 basic, intermediate, and advanced nursing procedures. Each video demonstrates how to perform a specific skill in step-by-step format, according to the most current nursing practice. For appropriate procedures, animations show what’s happening inside the patient’s body. NCLEX® examination-style review questions help you evaluate your understanding of each skill.
- A consistent format for each skill takes you from planning to follow-up care complete with review questions!
- Overviews present the purpose of the skill, safety precautions, and delegation guidelines to help you put skills in the context of patient care.
- Preparation includes patient assessment and any appropriate patient preparation needed before the procedure.
- Equipment familiarizes you with the most current equipment used for each procedure.
- Procedure Videos let you watch and learn with over 125 videos of key nursing procedures that are performed by real nurses and feature the most current practices. Many videos feature dynamic 3-D animations to show what is happening inside the body. You can also print out handy procedure guidelines that include the steps for each procedure.
- Follow-up Care outlines appropriate assessment, evaluation, and interventions to ensure comprehensive patient care.
- Documentation provides guidelines on what and how to document care provided and patient response, and includes sample documentation that can be printed for review.
- Review Questions feature NCLEX examination-style review questions with rationales so you can evaluate your understanding of each skill.
- Sections can be viewed sequentially or you can easily select a specific section – so you can choose how much time to spend on each section or select or skip specific material.
- Each video approximately 5 minutes.
- Available for play on a standard DVD player or a computer with a DVD drive.
- A consistent format for each skill includes these segments:
- Preparation and equipment
- Step-by-step procedure
- Follow-up Care
- Overviews present the purpose of each skill, standards, safety precautions, and delegation guidelines.
- Preparation for each skill shows the equipment needed and any appropriate patient preparation.
- Over 140 skills, presented in a step-by-step format, clearly and accurately demonstrate how to perform procedures.
- Follow-up Care outlines appropriate assessment, evaluation and interventions to ensure comprehensive patient care.
- Documentation provides guidelines on what and how to document your care as well as the patient’s response, with samples of correct documentation.
- NCLEX® examination-style review questions for each skill include rationales for all options to help students review and evaluate their comprehension.