Modalities for Massage and Bodywork
Gain a better understanding of the top modalities in massage practice with expert insight and a balanced, user-friendly approach! This current, consistently organized resource distills a wealth of information on 21 popular massage modalities into easy-to-read overviews detailing the essential principles behind each therapy. Identify the modalities that best apply to your clients, incorporate key concepts into your practice, and take the first steps toward specialization all with one helpful text!Table of Contents
- Leading experts lend years of valuable knowledge and experience across a wide spectrum of massage modalities including prenatal, deep tissue, shiatsu, craniosacral, reflexology, and more.
- A companion DVD demonstrates proper techniques for 7 top modalities with over 100 minutes of detailed video footage.
- Consistently organized learning tools in each chapter ensure complete understanding of learning objectives, key terminology and relevant anatomy and physiology.
- Self-assessment tests included at the end of every chapter help you gauge your strengths and identify areas requiring further study.
- More than 265 full-color illustrations clarify difficult concepts and demonstrate body mechanics, concepts, and techniques.
"This exceptionally informative textbook adds to the developing literature supporting physical therapies in the broadest sense, to include bodywork and massage.The accompanying DVD is of professional quality and provides full video commentary of many of the techniques covered in the volume."
Modalities for Massage and Bodywork October 2009