Workbook for Egan's Fundamentals of Respiratory Care, 9th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Simplifying complex information, this workbook focuses on the most important concepts in Egan's Fundamentals of Respiratory Care, 9th Edition. It makes learning easy by using real-life examples, humor, and a wide range of activities. By highlighting key points, it helps you answer three basic questions: What do I need to know? Why do I need to know it? How will I use it?Table of Contents
- An understandable and engaging approach breaks down essential information into manageable chunks.
- Chapter overviews introduce topics and explain how and why each applies to the practice of respiratory care.
- A review of chapter objectives ensures that you understand the primary concepts from the text.
- NBRC-style review questions help you prepare for the CRT and the written portion of the RRT exam.
- Vocabulary review exercises include matching, fill-in-the-blank exercises and crossword puzzles to test your mastery of key terms and acronyms.
- Case studies ask you to apply concepts to the real world.
- Critical-thinking questions ask you to analyze potential rewards and pitfalls in applying your knowledge to a clinical environment.
- Web links are suggested for further research and study.
- Answers to all questions/activities, with references to the textbook and rationales, are included on Evolve Student Resources.
By Robert L. Wilkins, PhD, RRT, FAARC, Chair and Professor, Department of Respiratory Care, School of Allied Health Sciences, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX; and Stephen F. Wehrman, RRT, RPFT, AE-C, Professor/Program Director, Respiratory Care Program, Kapi'olani Community College, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI