Flashcards for Palpation, Trigger Points, and Referral Patterns
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Studying and mastering palpation is easier than ever with this complete set of 240 full-color flashcards! Detailed illustrations and information on positioning, palpation steps, notes, and more – all in a convenient, compact format – make these flashcards perfect for studying on the go or for reference during clinical practice. In addition to 139 cards on muscle palpation, this set also includes 71 cards on bone palpation and 30 cards covering trigger points and pain referral patterns, with references to The Muscle and Bone Palpation Manual textbook, for a complete study tool.Table of Contents
- Vibrant, full-color illustrations of muscle palpation show how the muscles look under the skin as they are being palpated.
- Coverage of where trigger points lie on the muscle, as well as pain referral patterns, helps you better understand and treat your clients’ pain.
- Detailed content on bone palpation and landmarks helps you easily find the attachments of muscles.
- UNIQUE! These flashcards combine with the textbook, The Muscle and Bone Palpation Manual and flip chart (both sold separately) for a complete set of resources on palpation, trigger points, and stretching.
- Compact and convenient format allows you to study anywhere – without carrying a bulky book.
- A companion booklet with study hints and suggestions for how to use the cards when studying alone or in a group ensures you get the most out of this helpful resource.
"Each card provides full information on the muscle or anatomical part being examined, including how best to locate each structure; how to get the patient to activate that muscle or structure; and palpation notes which highlight key points of clinical importance… The task of learning a vast amount of anatomical detail for any student is quite daunting, but I think many will find the task so much simpler when using this series of flashcards to assist in learning or revising the art of palpation. Highly recommended."
The Osteopath, 2009
By Joseph E. Muscolino, DC, Instructor, Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy, Westport, CT; Owner, The Art and Science of Kinesiology, Redding, CT