Structure & Function of the Body - Softcover, 13th Edition
The 13th edition of this bestselling textbook continues to offer superior anatomy and physiology instruction with a focus on the normal structure and function of the body. It features an exceptional straightforward writing style that makes it easier to learn all the core A&P information you need to know. Building on the solid foundation of previous editions, this book adds a visual emphasis with realistic animations on a companion CD-ROM and A Clear View of the Human Body, a full-color, semi-transparent insert that shows the body in layers.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- A richly detailed illustrated insert, A Clear View of the Human Body, allows you to peel back the layers of the body and perform a virtual dissection.
- AnimationDirect helps you visualize difficult concepts and processes by referring to state-of-the-art animations in the companion CD-ROM.
- Study Tips are thoroughly revised and now open each chapter, with specific tips and hints on how to most effectively study and synthesize concepts.
- Evolve Learning Exchange offers you the opportunity to connect with an A&P mentor to help you utilize all the learning tools included with the textbook to maximize learning.
- Anatomy & Physiology Online complements Structure & Function of the Body and brings the textbook to life with a series of online learning modules organized by body system. Available separately.
- A clear, straightforward approach focuses each chapter on the two core themes — the normal structure and function of the human body, and what the body does to maintain homeostasis.
- An outstanding art program with over 350 full-color illustrations, micrographs, and dissection photos depict and reinforce information.
- Chapter tests, review questions, and critical thinking questions let you evaluate your mastery of each chapter's content.
- Boxes and tables make learning easier and show applications to real life, including Health and Well Being, Clinical Applications, and Research, Issues, and Trends.
- Science Applications boxes highlight the contributions made by trailblazing scientists.
- A Common Medical Abbreviations, Prefixes, and Suffixes appendix provides a quick reference and review of commonly used terms.
- A comprehensive glossary provides full definitions of terms, and new words are bolded within the text and listed at the end of each chapter.
- Objectives clearly detail what should be learned in each chapter.
- An Outline Summary ends each chapter to recap important content.
- Quick Check boxes let you assess your comprehension at the end of each passage.
- Body Spectrum Electronic Coloring Book is included on the companion CD, with 80 detailed anatomy illustrations that may be colored electronically or printed out to color and study.
By Gary A. Thibodeau, PhD, Chancellor Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Biology, University of Wisconsin, River Falls, River Falls, WI; and Kevin T. Patton, PhD, Professor of Life Science, St. Charles Community College, St. Peters, MO, Adjunct Assistant Professor of Physiology, Saint Louis University Medical School, St. Louis, MO