Handbook of Postsurgical Rehabilitation Guidelines for the Orthopedic Clinician
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Providing a wealth of guidelines and background information on postsurgical rehabilitation of the orthopedic patient in a convenient format, this portable reference is the therapist’s first choice for a quick overview of the rehabilitation plan following orthopedic surgery.Table of Contents
- Easy-to-follow phase-guideline boxes encapsulate crucial information for over 45 surgeries into phases of healing and rehabilitation covering goals, precautions, treatment strategies, and criteria for advancement — perfect for the busy clinical setting.
- Quickly find and review the information you need with convenient bulleted rehabilitation guideline tables.
- Succinct overviews of surgical procedures help you remember key details of surgical procedures.
- Brief overviews of rehabilitation plans let you quickly review the principles and strategies of rehabilitation that promote healing and recovery from orthopedic surgical procedures.
- Criteria for advancement help you determine when your patient is ready to advance to the next phase of rehabilitation.
- Editors and contributors from one of the world’s most prestigious orthopedic hospitals provide authoritative guidance on orthopedic rehabilitation.
"The text is easy to read as much of the information provided is in bullet points. The guideline tables are clearly presented and easy to follow. Key references are provided at the end of each chapter, which guide the reader to further up-todate information. Moreover, the text is pocket sized and light weight, which means that it could be easily carried throughout the day."
International Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation, April 2009, Vol 16, No 4