Cleft Palate Speech, 4th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
As the classic reference on cleft palates for more than 25 years, 'the blue book' continues to be the single, essential source on cleft lip and palate for all members of the craniofacial team. This essential text provides a unique and comprehensive approach to cleft assessment, treatment, and management, with new and revised content that will keep you at the cutting edge of cleft lip and palate treatment and therapies.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- The Birth of a Child with a Cleft introduction provides a detailed preview to the treatment of children with clefts, and offers useful suggestions for interacting with their parents.
- Coverage of the latest research and advancements including surgical and dental management, speech development, genetics, and more, ensures that you have thoroughly researched information on the most recent developments in the field.
- Consider This boxes highlight important tips, information, and offer advice on how to apply theory and research to clinical situations.
- New artwork clearly demonstrates and enhances understanding of important clinical conditions and procedures.
- Improved organization helps you understand key concepts in a logical progression and enhances the presentation of the material.
- Comprehensive coverage of every aspect of cleft palate and related disorders, making this a superb resource and guide for students and practitioners alike.
- Content is presented in a clinically useful manner, in a way that encourages you to evaluate and critically consider the information presented.
- Thorough coverage of the available literature on cleft lip and cleft palate includes both contemporary and historically significant studies, as well as low-incidence types of phenomena.
- An unmatched art program includes clear anatomical drawings as well as high-quality photographs.
By Sally J. Peterson-Falzone, PhD, Professor Emeritus, Center for Craniofacial Anomalies, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA; Mary A. Hardin-Jones, PhD, Professor, Division of Communication Disorders, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY, USA; and Michael P. Karnell, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA