Mosby's Essential Sciences for Therapeutic Massage, 3rd Edition
Anatomy, Physiology, Biomechanics and Pathology
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
With more than 700 full-color illustrations, this engaging resource takes a visual approach to helping you understand the scientific principles behind therapeutic massage. Coverage includes a wide range of clinically relevant topics from basic overviews of anatomy and disease to in-depth explorations of each body system with an emphasis on applying scientific principles to practice. A companion DVD features over 75 anatomy and physiology animations and cadaver dissection footage that show biologic functions and medical procedures in realistic detail.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Full-color muscle anatomy illustrations highlight help identify and locate muscles.
- A section on nutrition includes information on the digestive process, nutrition basics, and the functions of vitamins and minerals to help you understand how nutrition affects the body.
- "Clinical Reasoning" exercises in the workbook sections and "Practical Applications" boxes within chapters help you apply concepts from the book to real-life situations with realistic examples.
- Thoroughly reviewed and updated chapters ensure accurate content with up-to-date applications to massage.
- Updated full-color illustrations clearly demonstrate anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, and pathology concepts.
- Updated Evolve resources include extensive learning activities for each chapter, as well as additional gait assessment and muscle firing pattern photos, web links, and a National Certification Exam review to provide more opportunities for learning.
- UNIQUE! A comprehensive chapter on biomechanics includes valuable information on muscle testing and assessment.
- Combined workbook and textbook format encourages critical thinking with activities, short essays, fill-in-the-blank questions, drawing exercises, and more to help you reinforce concepts.
- Sections on pathologic conditions, with suggestions for intervention protocols, indications, and contraindications for therapeutic massage, prepare you to work with clients safely and effectively.
- Handy appendices with quick reference charts for muscles and pathology provide at-a-glance access to common muscle information and pathologies.
By Sandy Fritz, MS, NCTMB, Founder, Owner, Director and Head Instructor, Health Enrichment Center, School of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork, Lapeer, MI; and James Grosenbach, EdD, Clinical Psychologist, Director of Education, Health Enrichment Center, School of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork, Lapeer, MI