Mosby's Fundamentals of Therapeutic Massage, 4th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
With thorough coverage of the knowledge you need to practice, MOSBY'S FUNDAMENTALS OF THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE, 4th Edition provides a solid foundation in the fundamentals of massage and the latest therapeutic modalities and equipment, as well as important practice management topics such as ethics, legal issues, and best business practices. Focused on clinical reasoning and competency-based outcomes, this new edition includes two companion DVDs with over three hours of video on techniques, body mechanics, case studies, and more, plus anatomy and physiology animations that demonstrate concepts from the book.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- General Protocol sections in the book, on the Evolve website, and on the companion DVD provide a guide for assessment and massage application, intervention and positioning recommendations, and a modifiable, step-by-step sequence to help you learn to develop care plans for specific clients.
- Insurance reimbursement section features discussions of insurance procedures, appropriate charting, necessary paperwork, and how to handle reimbursement.
- All-new photos enhance your understanding of concepts from the book.
- Expanded massage therapy career content addresses recent changes to massage therapy certification exams and discusses the many career tracks available.
- Expanded nutrition coverage helps you understand how nutrition, digestive function, and vitamins and minerals relate to massage outcomes.
- Updated and improved Body Mechanics chapter discusses the proper body mechanics you need to use to ensure a long and successful career and to provide more effective treatment.
- A section on pet massage includes basic massage and pain management techniques for common household pets.
- Additional learning activities, web links, National Certification Exam review questions, image collections, labeling exercises, crossword puzzles, and more on the updated Evolve website challenge you to practice and sharpen your skills.
- Expert author Sandy Fritz shares her years of experience and provides you with an authoritative resource on massage therapy.
- Comprehensive coverage of content included on the National Certification Exam (NCE) and the National Certification Exam for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCETMB) makes this book a perfect study tool.
- A combined workbook and textbook format encourages critical thinking with activities, short essays, fill-in-the-blank questions, drawing exercises, and more to help you review concepts from the book.
- Three appendices — Indications and Contraindications to Massage, Skin Pathology, and Common Medications and Possible Implications for Massage — provide valuable resources for reference and further study.
By Sandy Fritz, MS, NCTMB, Founder, Owner, Director and Head Instructor, Health Enrichment Center, School of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork, Lapeer, MI