Pharmacology for Pharmacy Technicians
Comprehensive yet approachable, PHARMACOLOGY FOR PHARMACY TECHNICIANS provides just the right type and level of pharmacology information you need for successful practice. With coverage of body systems structure, as well as patient scenarios, anatomy and physiology refreshers, drug monographs with pill photos, and much more, this book presents an often-challenging subject in a practical way to make learning easier.Table of Contents
- UNIQUE! A list of drug names and pronunciations discussed within the chapter familiarizes you with the correct spellings and pronunciations of the terminology you need on the job.
- UNIQUE! Helpful Tech Notes throughout the text enhance your understanding of the practical knowledge you need in the pharmacy setting and help you relate new concepts to practical use.
- UNIQUE! Mini drug monographs in every body system and drug classification chapter provide you with valuable drug information and pill photos for quick reference.
- UNIQUE! Critical thinking Technician’s Corner exercises help you practice your critical thinking skills by providing you with a set of facts and asking you to reach a conclusion.
- Vibrant full-color design makes difficult content more friendly and visually appealing with 275 line drawings and photographs throughout the text.
- Overviews of anatomy and physiology at the beginning of each body system unit provide a basic understanding of anatomy and physiology, as well as how drugs work in the body.
- Objectives listed at the beginning of each chapter clearly outline what you should learn from the chapter materials.
- Key Terms with definitions at the beginning of each chapter help you identify and learn new terms more easily.
- A convenient, comprehensive Glossary in both English and Spanish provides a central location to look up all terminology.
- Evolve companion website includes chapter-specific quizzes, Internet research activities, and web links to provide you with even more practice.
By Kathy Moscou, RPh, MPH, BSc(Pharm), Research Officer, Faculty of Health, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Former Director, Pharmacy Technician Program (1989-2006), North Seattle Community College, WA