Clinical Anatomy and Physiology for Veterinary Technicians, 2nd Edition
Examine the diverse ways animal bodies function at both the systemic and cellular levels with this vital resource. It brings you clear coverage essential to understanding the clinical relevance of anatomical and physiological principles. Fully updated and written by respected veterinary technician educators, this popular textbook is the practical, comprehensive foundation for your success in veterinary technology.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Over 300 new illustrations help you identify structures with rich, realistic clarity.
- A NEW full color format visually enhances your understanding of anatomic and physiologic concepts.
- Four NEW chapters give you the latest insight on the chemical basis of life, nutrition and metabolism, pregnancy, development, and lactation, and reptile and amphibian anatomy and physiology.
- A revised chapter on the cardiovascular system helps you most effectively comprehend the complex functions of the heart and blood vessels.
- Clinical application boxes help you sharpen your skills and apply principles to practice.
- Test Yourself boxes throughout chapters emphasize important study points.
- An extensive glossary provides quick reference to hundreds of important terms and definitions.
By Thomas P. Colville, DVM, MSc, Director, Veterinary Technology Program, Department of Veterinary and Microbiological Sciences, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND; and Joanna M. Bassert, VMD, Professor and Director, Program of Veterinary Technology, Manor College, Jenkintown, PA