Pediatric Cardiology for Practitioners, 5th Edition
From history and physical examination through electrocardiography and the management of special problems, this popular reference provides the practical guidance you need to diagnose and manage children with congenital and acquired heart disease. The fully revised 5th edition incorporates recent diagnostic and therapeutic advances in pediatric cardiac surgery, blood pressure standards, and cardiac arrhythmias.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New coverage of surgical techniques in pediatric cardiology, the application of interventional non-surgical techniques, blood pressure standards, and cardiac arrhythmia treatments puts the most recent management approaches at your fingertips.
- New line drawings guide you through the latest techniques.
- Practical guidance from a single author presents the knowledge you need in a cohesive, consistent manner.
- Extensive coverage of special problems, including congestive heart failure and syncope, helps you select the best approaches for your patients.
- A compact, portable size facilitates easy reference in the busy clinical setting.
"This is a wonderful and extremely useful teaching guide and clinical tool...surpasses all other books on this topic in its goal of providing practical information to primary care practitioners. The new edition is justified for many reasons. Surgical techniques have changed since the last edition, and Dr. Park has updated this section extensively. The treatment of heart failure and pulmonary hypertension has also been updated nicely. The new chapters on palpitations and athletes with cardiac problems are also extremely useful. The updates, as well as Dr. Park's personal and logical advice on topics such as hypertension and hyperlipidemia, make this book the logical resource for primary care clinicians." - Doody's, ***
By Myung K. Park, MD, FAAP, FACC, Professor of Pediatrics (Cardiology), University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX