A Career in Nursing: Is it right for me?
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Limited Stock - Order Soon
For anyone considering a career in nursing, this book is a must-read resource providing a unique look at the nursing profession. Personal accounts from men and women at all stages and in all specialties of nursing provide practical advice and realistic, often humorous perspectives on what it's really like to be a nurse.Table of Contents
- Simple, proven, common-sense tips, tactics and survival strategies cover every stage, from deciding to be a nurse, to choosing and being admitted to nursing school, succeeding academically, getting the first job, and thriving in a nursing career.
- Anecdotes and interviews with practicing nurses highlight the human side of nursing.
- The direct, conversational, and humorous writing style makes it easy to read.
- Dispels the myths, misconceptions, and stereotypes of the nursing profession.
- Includes the most recent data and statistics regarding the nursing shortage, job trends, health care systems, policy development and more.
- Explores the many aspects of college life.
- Advice helps you establish and achieve personal goals for success.
- Appendices direct you to print and online resources for educational information, ways to pay for college, and nursing-related organizations.
"In 'A Career in Nursing: Is It Right for Me,' Janet R. Katz PhD RN provides an honest, inside look at the nursing profession. She offers practical advice to anyone considering a career in nursing to help them decide whether nursing is the right choice or not and why.
Her humorous approach to this subject makes it very easy to read, and serves as a comfortable vehicle for the reader." - Kathy Quan, RSN BSN PHN, About.com Guide to Nursing
By Janet Katz, PhD, RN, Assistant Professor, Intercollegiate College of Nursing, Washington State University, Spokane, WA