Enzinger and Weiss's Soft Tissue Tumors, 5th Edition
Here's your ideal reference on the diagnosis of tumors of the skeletal muscles, connective tissue, fat, and related structures. No other textbook matches its scope and depth of coverage in this complex and challenging area of surgical pathology, and no other text contains as much practical information on differential diagnosis. Throughout, microscopic findings are correlated with the latest developments in molecular biology, cytogenetics, and immunohistochemistry to provide you with a comprehensive and integrated approach to evaluation and diagnosis. Almost 2,000 superb illustrations capture the appearance of a complete range of entities and help relate these to their specific classifications. The result is an essential resource for all who diagnose and treat soft tissue tumors.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Download all of the illustrations from the book for use in electronic presentations with the new bonus CD-ROM.
- Apply the latest knowledge on FNA biopsy, molecular biology, and cytogenetics.
- Understand complex molecular events more fully thanks to new conceptual line drawings.
- Easily distinguish between entities that have a similar appearance with the assistance of new tables that correlate histologic, immunohistochemical, and molecular biologic findings.
- Navigate through the book quickly thanks to new summary outlines at the beginning of each chapter.
- Get all the assistance you need, in one reference, to effectively diagnose these often complex and challenging entities.
- Confirm your diagnostic suspicions by comparing your findings to nearly 2,000 full-color, high-quality illustrations representing the complete range of soft tissue tumors.
- Access all of the essential clinical and prognostic data necessary to formulate complete sign-out reports.
- Make optimal use of relevant ancillary techniques such as immunohistochemistry and cytogenetics.
- Make rapid and effective decisions with the aid of extensive algorithms, and access information at a glance with abundant tables and graphs.
- Solve difficult diagnostic dilemmas and avoid pitfalls with a special emphasis on overcoming these challenges.
- Find answers quickly thanks to a new color-coded page design as well as a consistent approach to every entity.
REVIEWS OF THE LAST EDITION
"As the leading textbook on soft part tumors, it belongs in the core library of all pathologists, and on the essential short list of books in surgical pathology sign-out rooms." - Modern Pathology
"This comprehensive, clearly written, richly and artfully illustrated text should be in the personal library of physicians who care for patients with soft-tissue tumors." - The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery
By Sharon W. Weiss, MD, Professor and Vice Chair, Director of Anatomic Pathology, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA; and John R. Goldblum, MD, FCAP, FASCP, FACG, Professor of Pathology, Chairman, Department of Anatomic Pathology, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Cleveland, OH