Mosby's Nursing Skills Quick Cards
Based on the trusted Potter & Perry textbooks, these unique cards are a must for student nurses in the skills lab or in their first clinicals. The essential elements of 75 key nursing skills are presented in a clear and concise format that's perfect for a quick, last minute review before actually performing the skills or before exams.Table of Contents
- Concise, consistent format for each skill features an overview, supplies list, Nurse Alerts, and streamlined step-by-step actions.
- Addresses the 75 skills that students are likely to be most anxious about performing for the first time.
- Gloving logo visually reminds students when clean gloves are needed.
- Nurse Alerts highlight important information for patient safety and effective skill performance.
- Quick Reference for Standard Protocol card summarizes essential steps required before, during, and after every nursing skill.
- Overview of CDC Hand Hygiene Guidelines reminds students of the how and when to perform hand hygiene at all levels of client interaction.
- Full-color design and over 100 vibrant illustrations bring concepts to life.
- Sturdy, slick cards are durable enough to stand up to repeated use, plus the convenient storage box keeps cards safe when not in use.
- A handy vinyl sleeve protects two cards for easy reference in the clinical setting.
- Pre-punched holes in cards make storage on a ring quick and easy.
By Anne Griffin Perry, RN, MSN, EdD, FAAN, Chair, Department of Primary Care & Health Systems Nursing, Southern Illinois University, School of Nursing, Edwardsville, IL; and Patricia A. Potter, PhD, RN, FAAN, CMAC , Research Scientist, Siteman Cancer Center, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO