Infectious Diseases, 3rd Edition
Expert Consult: Online and Print - 2 Volume Set
Effectively diagnose and treat infectious diseases with practical, innovative visual guidance.
New to This Edition
A clinically focused, reader-friendly format, and international scope make this landmark, two-volume reference unique among encyclopaedic infectious disease resources.
More than 300 global experts cover all aspects of the investigation, diagnosis, and clinical management of every infectious condition. Abundant 'Practice Points' convey valuable clinical pearls from the authors. The compreupdated 2nd Edition features an even more geographically diverse set of contributors than its predecessor, as well as brand-new information on nosocomial infections, HIV/AIDS, and many other timely topics.
- Find a diagnosis quickly with the popular Diseases by Body System Section.
- Stay well informed with expanded and updated coverage of nonsocomial infections and much more.
- Access the full text contents of the entire 2-volume set online with a fully searchable website with case studies (ideal tool for learning and review for the Boards), ID secret of the week, disease outbreak maps, Diagnosis algorithms, and a downloadable image library.
- Receive unparalleled visual guidance from hundreds of full-color photographs and figures.
- Quickly search information with a consistent chapter organization and colorful page layouts.
- Get clinically-focused guidance from "Practice Points" which demonstrate how to diagnose and treat complicated problems encountered in practice.
- Make effective diagnoses with a more efficient approach to differential diagnosis-discussions of conditions are presented in proportion to their incidence.
- Gain a more international view from editors and authors, patient photographs, and treatment perspectives from around the world.
- Contains expanded coverage of nosocomial infections and hospital infection control/antibiotic policies; HIV/AIDS; nocardia infections; fungal infections including new anti-fungal drug therapies currently under development; Prion diseases; multi-drug-resistant tuberculosis; evaluation of the patient with suspected immunodeficiency and much more
- Features an even more international editorship and authorship than before, equipping readers with global "best practices" for the full range of infectious diseases.
- Presents many new 'Practice Points' demonstrating how to diagnose and treat complicated problems encountered in practice.
Edited by Jonathan Cohen, M Sc, FRCP, FRCPath, FRCPE, FMedSci, Professor of Infectious Diseases and Dean of the Medical School, Brighton & Sussex Medical School, Brighton, UK; Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Infectious Diseases; William G. Powderly, MD, Head of School, UCD School of Medicine & Medical Science, Dublin, Ireland and Steven M. Opal, MD, Professor of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Brown University Medical School, Providence, RI, USA