Mosby's Maternal-Newborn & Women's Health Nursing Video Skills
Mosby's Maternal-Newborn & Women's Health Nursing Video Skills DVD presents the most commonly performed procedures that students need to learn to provide optimal care for today's maternity and neonatal patients. Such high-interest procedures as gestational assessment, fundal height, fetal heart tones, Leopold's maneuvers, and more are covered in this easy-to-view format. Plus, realistic 3-D animations allow students to visualize what's happening inside the body and simplify difficult concepts, including showing the fetal lie and positioning, making concepts easier to understand and apply to patient care.Table of Contents
- Presents 23 skills in a consistent, step-by-step format that visually enhances the student's learning of key maternity, neonatal, and women's health procedures.
- Provides Overviews that orient the learner to the purpose of the skill.
- Includes a Preparation step for each skill that teaches the equipment needed and the patient education required.
- Features full-motion, step-by-step Video Procedures that accurately portray the critical skills needed by a maternity nurse.
- Presents the procedures in Step-by-Step Checklists that the student can print out to use as a portable quick-reference.
- Teaches Follow-up Care, including any needed nursing interventions and patient education.
- Demonstrates Documentation required to accurately, safely, and legally complete the procedure.
- Includes a bank of NCLEX®-style Review Questions to reinforce learning.
- Represents cultural diversity in both the patients and the nurses, reflecting the reality of today's nursing.
- Convenient durable folder packaging allows for easy portability.