Rehabilitation Nursing, 4th Edition
Prevention, Intervention, and Outcomes
Widely respected in the marketplace as the most comprehensive, authoritative, forward looking text available, the new edition maintains and reinforces that position with the inclusion of the latest topics and practices possible, written by some of the leading rehabilitation nursing specialists in the US, Australia, and Britain. This edition provides new chapters on the cutting edge topics of rehabilitation care for people with developmental disabilities, patient safety, and pharmacology. New Concept Maps accompany the popular Case Studies in key clinical chapters to help readers better understand how to plan appropriate care.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New chapter on Rehabilitation Nursing Care of People with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities discusses the challenges and limitations of rehabilitation for these patients and how to provide the best care possible.
- New chapter on Patient Safety focuses on risk factors and how to provide safe care.
- New chapter on Pharmacology for Rehabilitation provides basic information to assist nurses in pharmacological management for their clients.
- Concept maps for case studies in clinical chapters help integrate key information for multi-disciplinary care planning.
- Expanded coverage of Legal & Ethical Issues tracks the changes in US laws regarding access for people with disabilities, including a complete evaluation of the state of current legislation related to rehabilitation nursing.
- Comprehensive text with a holistic presentation of rehabilitation nursing care.
- Highly referenced and research-based to provide an outstanding resource for practicing nurses and students.
- Explores issues that impact the delivery of rehabilitation care such as ethical, economic, educational, and political considerations.
- Integrates lifespan and cultural considerations throughout the text to provide nurses with important information on dealing with a diverse patient population.
- Includes current NIC/NOC interventions and outcomes for all topics.
- Case Studies with Critical Thinking Questions help reader integrate and apply chapter content.
"This book deserves a place on the bookshelves of any rehabilitation service and would be a useful addition for any ward or clinic, as it contains much that nurses providing rehabilitation in any setting might refer to. It would be of value to both undergraduate and postgraduate students"
Bernie Davies. International Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation, October 2008, Vol 15, No 10
By Shirley P. Hoeman, PhD, MPH, RN, CRRN, CS, Health Systems Consultations, International, Naples, MA