Pulmonary Rehabilitation, 4th Edition
Guidelines to Success
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$95.95|
This authoritative text is written by leaders in pulmonary rehabilitation. It is clearly written, logically organized, well referenced, and emphasizes evidence-based practice and a contemporary multidisciplinary approach. Offering unrivaled depth, this edition updates coverage of the benefits of pulmonary rehabilitation, therapeutic interventions, smoking cessation, exercise training, and much more as well as important research such as the Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) report. This text prepares students for the Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) exam and the written registry and clinical simulations portions of the Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) exams.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New chapters covering new advances and discoveries in respiratory care:
- Systemic Effects of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorders
- Complementary Alternative Medicine for Patients with Chronic Lung Disease
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Lung Volume Reduction Surgery
- Management of and Reimbursement for Pulmonary Rehabilitation Services
- Exercise and Pulmonary Hypertension
- New and revised illustrations and photographs.
- Expanded coverage of patients with respiratory diseases other than COPD as well as pediatric pulmonary patients.
- New and revised pedagogy including chapter outlines and updated objectives
- Enhanced chapters
- Addresses the latest research and reports including The Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) report recommending pulmonary rehabilitation.
- Information on existing techniques and procedures is expanded and updated in chapters on lung transplantation, functional performance assessment and training, and the management of pulmonary rehabilitation services.
- Illustrations, photographs, tables, and boxes address new and important information, reinforcing and simplifying the material.
- A hard cover and portable size offer durability and convenience.
- Reader-friendly features in each chapter include an outline, professional skills objectives, and a summary, allowing easy access to content and highlighting important concepts and ideas.
By John E. Hodgkin, MD, Medical Director, Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program, Redbud Community Hospital, Clearlake, CA; Medical Director, Smoke-Free Life Program, St. Helena Center for Health, St. Helena, CA; Bartolome R. Celli, MD, Chief, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, St. Elizabeth's Medical Center Professor of Medicine, Tufts University, Boston, MA; and Gerilynn L. Connors, BS, RRT, Clinical Manager, Pulmomary Rehabilitation, Inova Fairfax Hospital, Falls Church, VA