Psychotherapy for the Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurse
Hello, we will be performing scheduled maintenance from 1:00 AM until 4:00 AM Eastern Standard Time on May 28, 2015. Due to this maintenance, ebooks will be temporarily unavailable for purchase. Print book purchases will be unaffected. We apologize for any inconvenience.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Psychotherapy for the Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurse provides the nurse psychotherapist with a useful “how-to” primer that contains practical techniques and interventions without a lot of theoretical jargon. Topics include the basics of psychotherapy, from how to respond to a patient’s initial call to termination of care. Selected approaches, interpersonal, cognitive-behavioral, and psychodynamic psychotherapy are highlighted with discussion of evidence-base research. Specific techniques for working with commonly seen patient populations that require special consideration: those who have experienced trauma, children, and older adults are included. In addition, how to integrate psychopharmacology and psychotherapy is discussed in detail.Table of Contents
- A straightforward approach to psychotherapy using a holistic nursing framework.
- Latest findings on the neurophysiology of psychotherapy including research on attachment, therapeutic relationships, and trauma.
- Evidence-based research for all approaches and populations discussed.
- Provides treatment hierarchy for decision making in selecting strategies for treatment from the initial contact and assessment to termination.
- Step-by-step guide to building the nurse-patient relationship in order to achieve quality outcomes. Includes detailed instructions on therapeutic communication techniques.
- Detailed instructions teach you how to use the latest therapeutic communication techniques.
- Includes all patient populations from children to the older adult with special emphasis on working with traumatized patients.
- Comprehensive appendices provide quick access to helpful forms and diagnostic tools specific to psychotherapy nursing practice.