Health Careers Today, 4th Edition
Covering more than 45 health careers, this book offers a practical overview to help students make an informed decision in choosing a profession. Not only does it discuss the roles and responsibilities of various occupations, it provides a solid foundation in the skills needed for all health careers. Clear explanations of anatomy and physiology provide essential knowledge of health related to the human body, and show how this applies to different careers. Content in the book now adheres to and reflects National Health Care Skills Standards.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- The companion CD-ROM has been completely revised, now including over 20 all-new skills videos, animations, chapter-specific quizzes, and an audio glossary.
- NEW Culture and Health Care chapter provides information on cultural and religious diversity as required by the National Health Care Skills Standards (NHCSS), including strategies that various cultures use to solve health-related problems, clients and patients who use English as a second language, and the awareness of religious diversity as it relates to client care.
- NEW Standards and Accountabilities section appears at the end of appropriate chapters, with the specific number and name of each national standard covered, along with its page number, so that correlations can be found quickly and easily.
- Revised Interpersonal Dynamics and Communication chapter now includes information on team-building, goal-setting, evaluation, and traits of leaders and team members.
- NEW chapter summaries review and identify vital content covered in each chapter.
- Seven new skills have been added, offering additional hands-on experience.
- A clear writing style makes it easy for students to explore health career options.
- Health career discussions include the requirements and roles and responsibilities of each.
- Full-color drawings and photographs illustrate concepts, techniques, and equipment.
- Summaries of essential points introduce new concepts and help with exam preparation.
- Anatomy and Physiology unit covers all of the body systems, and applies A&P to practice.
- Skill Activities provide the opportunity to obtain hands-on experience.
- Learning Objectives at the beginning of each chapter help readers focus on key information.
- Key Terms with definitions are listed at the beginning of each chapter.
- Core concepts are reinforced with more than 70 content boxes, skill boxes, review questions, and critical thinking questions.
- A comprehensive glossary includes all key terms and definitions for quick reference.