Oncology Nursing Secrets, 3rd Edition
Using a question-and-answer format, this book provides practical pearls of wisdom and tricks of the trade to enhance your oncology nursing skills and aid in effective decision-making when caring for your patients. Written by experts in the field, this reference provides insightful answers, bulleted lists, and tables so you get the best information in an easy-to-read format. Keep it on hand every day in the clinical setting, use it to review for certification, or add it to your professional library at home!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- A chapter on sleep-wake disturbances enables you to help patients get the rest they need.
- Expanded content in chapters on carcinogenesis and genetics, biologic and targeted therapy, leukemia and myeloidyplastic syndrome, and disseminated intravascular coagulation provides a deeper look into these important aspects of oncology nursing.
- The 75 Top Secrets, listed in the front of the book, highlight the key points you should know about oncology nursing.
- Key Points boxes in each chapter outline important points to remember.
- Internet Resources boxes direct you to more information on a variety of topics via the web.
- Versatile question-and-answer format, written by experts in the field, makes this book great for both the experienced and new nurse.
By Rose A. Gates, RN, MSN, CNS, NP, PhD(c), Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist/Nurse Practitioner, Rocky Mountain Cancer Center, Colorado Springs, CO and Regina M. Fink, RN, PhD, FAAN, AOCN, Research Nurse Scientist, University of Colorado Hospital, Denver, CO