Oncology Nursing Secrets, 3rd Edition
Get the answers to all the questions you've wanted to ask - straight from the experts!
New to This Edition
Using a question-and-answer format, this book provides practical pearls of wisdom and tricks of the trade to enhance your oncology nursing skills and aid in effective decision-making when caring for your patients. Written by experts in the field, this reference provides insightful answers, bulleted lists, and tables so you get the best information in an easy-to-read format. Keep it on hand every day in the clinical setting, use it to review for certification, or add it to your professional library at home!
- The 75 Top Secrets, listed in the front of the book, highlight the key points you should know about oncology nursing.
- Key Points boxes in each chapter outline important points to remember.
- Internet Resources boxes direct you to more information on a variety of topics via the web.
- Versatile question-and-answer format, written by experts in the field, makes this book great for both the experienced and new nurse.
- A chapter on sleep-wake disturbances enables you to help patients get the rest they need.
- Expanded content in chapters on carcinogenesis and genetics, biologic and targeted therapy, leukemia and myeloidyplastic syndrome, and disseminated intravascular coagulation provides a deeper look into these important aspects of oncology nursing.
By Rose A. Gates, RN, AOCN, MSN, CNS, ANP, PhD(c), Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist/Nurse Practitioner, Rocky Mountain Cancer Center, Colorado Springs, CO; and Regina M. Fink, RN, PhD, FAAN, AOCN, Research Nurse Scientist, University of Colorado Hospital, Denver, CO