Core Curriculum for Transplant Nurses
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Endorsed by the International Transplant Nurses Association, this book provides a guide to safe and effective care for solid organ transplant recipients. It includes coverage of the unique requirements of each organ transplanted, with separate chapters for heart, lung, kidney, liver, small intestine, and pancreas/islet cell transplantation. Other chapters cover important topics that affect all organs, such as immunology, infections, pharmaceutical agents, and patient education and discharge planning.Table of Contents
- Ideal as a review and study guide for the solid organ transplantation certification exam.
- Provides self-assessment questions at the end of each chapter.
- Discusses organ-specific evaluations for patients referred for transplantation.
- Identifies key physical findings of infection, rejection, malignancies, and other post-transplant complications.
- Covers the role of the immune system in rejection, infection, and malignancy.
- Describes the various immunosuppressive therapies used in solid organ transplantation.
- Identifies key pharmacologic principles regarding the care of solid organ transplant recipients.
- Discusses ethical issues such as living donations, procurement of deceased donors, and clinical transplantation.
- Describes allocation systems for organs in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia.
- Presents international nursing perspectives on organ transplantation.