Clinical Immunology: Principles and Practice, 3rd Edition
Expert Consult: Online and Print
Written and edited by international leaders in the field, this book has, through two bestselling editions, been the place to turn for authoritative answers to your toughest challenges in clinical immunology. Now in full color and one single volume, Clinical Immunology: Principles and Practice, 3rd Edition brings you the very latest immunology knowledge -- so you can offer your patients the best possible care. The user-friendly book and the fully searchable companion website give you two ways to find the answers you need quickly... and regular online updates keep you absolutely current.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Cutting-edge coverage of the human genome project, immune-modifier drugs, and many other vital updates keeps you at the forefront of your field.
- A new organization places scientific and clinical material side by side, to simplify your research and highlight the clinical relevance of the topics covered.
- A multimedia format allows you to find information conveniently, both inside the exceptionally user-friendly book and at the fully searchable companion web site.
- Regular updates online ensure that you'll always have the latest knowledge at your fingertips.
- Includes many new and improved illustrations and a full-color design.
- Leading international experts equip you with peerless advice and global best practices to enhance your diagnosis and management of a full range of immunologic problems.
- A highly clinical focus and an extremely practical organization expedite access to the answers you need in your daily practice.
"The authors and editors have taken pains to make the text clinician-friendly...The page layout is pleasing to the eye and easy to use." - JAMA, review of the last edition
"…the basics of immunology are rapidly expounded with summaries, tables, and diagrams providing a depth of information on immunological mechanisms in an eye-catching format... The editors and contributors are to be congratulated on this work and I would suggest it would be a valuable reference for those working in the field." - British Society for Immunology, May 2009
Edited by Robert R. Rich, MD, Executive Associate Dean, Emory University, School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA; Thomas A. Fleisher, MD, Chief, Clinical Pathology Department, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA; William T. Shearer, MD, PhD, Professor of Pediatrics and Microbiology and Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine and Chief, Allergy and Immunology Service, Texas Children's Hospital, Houston, TX, USA; Harry W. Schroeder, II, MD, PhD, Professor of Medicine and Microbiology, Division of Developmental and Clinical Immunology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA; Anthony J. Frew; and Cornelia M. Weyand