Mosby's Dental Hygiene, 2nd Edition
Concepts, Cases, and Competencies
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$73.45|
An innovative guide to learning and applying the principles of dental hygiene!
Includes all of the essential knowledge needed for any level of dental hygiene curriculum
New to This Edition
Reorganized and updated to include new information and multiple new chapters on evidence-based practice, salivary dysfunction, basics of the immune system, HIV/AIDS, dental hygiene in orthodontics, and business management skills, Mosby’s Dental Hygiene: Concepts, Cases, and Competencies, 2nd Edition continues to be a strong foundation for learning dental hygiene. Plus, it now includes new features such as an entirely revamped CD-ROM, the Insight Statement, special boxes covering patient education opportunities and important notes and more.
- Case Studies and Case Applications in every chapter help the student connect theoretical clinical content with real life situations and apply the text material.
- Dental Considerations feature notes special techniques or concepts that can be used in the dental office.
- At-a-Glance overviews in each chapter opener allow information to be found easily.
- Evolve site features an ExamView test bank, an electronic image collection, links to helpful websites, additional readings and resources, and items for further discussion which allow more opportunities to incorporate text and CD materials into everyday learning.
- A more user-friendly CD-ROM allows students to become more familiar with case-based integration of text content and dealing with patient scenarios.
- Portfolio feature on the CD-ROM lets students collect personalized data on forms and send pages electronically to faculty for review.
- A new faculty guide features more specific lesson plans in table format and “Issues to Debate” to spark further class discussion.
- Insight Statements at the beginning of each chapter overview the main concepts covered.
- Margin Notes and other special box features highlight special points of information that are easier for the students to retain.
- Evidence-Based Decision Making chapter empowers students to find, evaluate, and incorporate scientific evidence into practice.
- Other new chapters featuring important topics including: Salivary Dysfunction, Oral Malodor Diagnosis and Management, Orthodontics, HIV/AIDS, and Dental Hygiene Business and Management.
By Susan J. Daniel, RDH, BS D.A.T.E., MS, President, Educational Visions, LLC Ridgeland, MS; Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Dental Ecology, University of North Carolina School of Dentistry, Chapel Hill, North Carolina; Sherry A. Harfst, RDH, BSDH, MS, Consultant, Mobile, AL; Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Dental Ecology, University of North Carolina School of Dentistry, Chapel Hill, North Carolina; and Rebecca Wilder, RDH, BSDH, MS, Associate Professor and Director, Graduate Dental Hygiene Education, Department of Dental Ecology University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, Editor in Chief, Journal of Dental Hygiene, American Dental Hygienists' Association