Ophthalmology, 3rd Edition
Expert Consult: Online and Print
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Based on valuable customer feedback, Doctors Yanoff and Duker have streamlined their best-selling reference, Ophthalmology, to zero in on just the clinical answers you need in day-to-day practice. They've removed most of the basic science and anatomy information from the printed book and put it on the companion web site where it is easily accessible along with the entire contents of the book. This new edition presents unparalleled guidance on nearly every ophthalmic condition and procedure including the latest advances in the field, such as optical coherence tomography (OCT), the ocular surface, new pharmacologic therapies, updated oculoplastic surgical techniques, the latest in refractive surgery, and so much more. And, as an Expert Consult title, this meticulously updated 3rd edition comes with access to the complete contents online, fully searchable, plus additional basic science information.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Presents a more streamlined format to the printed text to help you focus on the clinically actionable information you need everyday.
- Discusses hot topics such OCT, the ocular surface, glaucoma testing, refractive surgery, advances in molecular biology and genetics, neuro-ophthalmology, and retinal studies to keep you absolutely current.
- Provides enhanced coverage of cataracts, including advances in phacoemulsification and surgical complications.
- Helps you make optimal use of the newest drug therapies, including Anti-VEGF treatment for wet ARMD and bevacizumab treatment for complications of diabetes.
- Offers authoritative guidance on the newest treatment options for cornea disorders, including evolving ocular surface reconstruction techniques and new cornea procedures such as DSEK.
- Incorporates new chapters on increasingly popular aesthetic oculoplastic surgical techniques to help you meet today’s demands.
- Provides access to the complete contents online, fully searchable, plus additional basic science information, and a downloadable image library for use in electronic presentations.
- Discusses every aspect of clinical ophthalmology for complete coverage in a single volume.
- Uses 2250 full-color illustrations that depict a wide range of ophthalmic techniques and disorders.
“The editors sought to cover all aspects of ophthalmology in a single volume textbook that incorporated both clinical and basic science for the comprehensive ophthalmologist. They have amply achieved their goal.”— American Journal of Ophthalmology, review of the last edition
By Myron Yanoff, MD, Professor and Chair, Department of Ophthalmology, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA; and Jay S. Duker, MD, Director, New England Eye Center, Professor and Chair of Ophthalmology, Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA