Immunology for Medical Students, 2nd Edition
With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access
Detailed clinical cases demonstrate real-world applicationsTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Efficiently master key immunology principles! State-of-the-art coverage brings you all of the latest scientific and clinical knowledge, including a new chapter on the use of antibodies and cytokines in immunotherapy. Crystal-clear illustrations, detailed clinical cases, and a user-friendly presentation make immunology remarkably easy to understand.
- Crystal-clear illustrations make immunology remarkably easy to understand.
- Detailed clinical cases demonstrate real-world applications.
- Technical boxes point out important scientific advances.
- End-of-chapter checklists of learning points facilitate review.
- A new chapter explores the use of antibodies and cytokines in immunotherapy, an exciting new clinical application of state-of-the-art immunology knowledge
- New summary illustrations open each chapter, giving you a synopsis at a glance
- A new Glossary concisely defines all key terms
- Bonus access to STUDENT CONSULT! At www.studentconsult.com, you'll find:
- The complete text and illustrations of the book online, fully searchable
- Downloadable image bank, perfect for essays and presentations
- 50 free "Integration Links" to bonus content in other STUDENT CONSULT titles
- Content clipping for handheld devices
- An interactive community centre with a wealth of additional resources, and much more!
By Roderick Nairn, PhD, Professor and Chair, Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Creighton School of Medicine, Omaha, NE; and Matthew Helbert, MBChB, MRCP, MRCPath, PhD, Consultant Immunologist, Department of Immunology, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK