Atlas of Image-Guided Spinal Procedures
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Give your patients the non-surgical pain relief they need with help from the Atlas of Image-Guided Spinal Procedures. This medical reference book features a highly visual format that shows you exactly how to perform each technique to get the best results.Table of Contents
Give your patients the pain relief they need with the latest image-guided spinal injection procedures! A highly visual format shows you exactly how to perform each technique.
• Safely and efficiently relieve your patients’ pain thanks to an atlas format that displays each procedure step-by-step.
• See properly performed injections for yourself with an algorithmic,image-guided approach for each technique: trajectory view (demonstrates fluoroscopic “set up”); multi-planar confi rmation views (AP, lateral, oblique); and “safety view” (what should be avoided during injection), along with optimal and suboptimal contrast patterns.
• Special chapters on Needle Techniques, Fluoroscopic Imaging Pearls, Radiation Safety, and L5-S1 Disc Access provide additional visual instruction.
• View drawings of radiopaque landmarks and key radiolucent anatomy that cannot be viewed fl uoroscopically.
• Access the full text and downloadable image bank anytime, anywhere, at expertconsult.com..
By Michael Bruce Furman, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Temple University School of Medicine