Handbook of Emergency Psychiatry
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
This user-friendly resource presents a patient-centered approach to managing the growing incidence of major psychiatric emergencies in the outpatient setting. Abundant illustrations, tables, and algorithms guide you through the wide range of disorders discussed, and a color-coded outline format facilitates rapid access to essential information necessary for making a proper diagnosis for optimal management outcomes.Table of Contents
- Organizes information by patient presentation to help you distinguish among conditions that present with similar symptoms.
- Discusses medical conditions presenting with psychiatric symptoms, where appropriate.
- Highlights critical information in "Hazard Signs" boxes for quick, at-a-glance review.
- Uses acronyms and memory aids to enhance recall of information in moments of crisis.
- Features a chapter discussing the psychiatric effects of bioterrorism.
- Offers an Improved Suicide Risk Scale with criteria on impulsivity, plan, and lethal level of attempt.
- Provides valuable tips on interviewing and interacting with patients in various situations, as techniques will vary from depressed suicidal patients to manic and potentially assaultive individuals.
- Includes appendixes that discuss common psychiatric medications used and important lab values in the ER.