Problem Solving in Musculoskeletal Imaging with CD-ROM
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Elsevier's new Problem Solving in Radiology series offers you a concise, practical, and instructional approach to your most common imaging questions. In the Musculoskeletal Volume, you'll find expert guidance on how to accurately read what you see and how to perform common office procedures, including arthrography and biopsy. User-friendly features such as numerous tables, boxes, tips, rules of thumb, and an atlas-style appendix put today's best practices at your fingertips. A full-color design, including more than 700 high-quality images highlight critical elements and compliment the text, to enhance your understanding. Best of all, a bonus CD provides you with musculoskeletal CT, MRI, and ultrasound protocols, patient questionnaires, and an appendix that details how to properly image the hip.Table of Contents
- Features problem-solving advice to help you accurately identify what you see, especially those images that are not cut and dry.
- Offers how-to-do-it guidance on the two most commonly performed procedures in private practice, arthrography and biopsy.
- Highlights tricks-of-the-trade, tables, boxes, rules of thumb, and other points for easy reference.
- Incorporates high-quality images and a full-color design that illuminate important elements.
- Includes a CD containing musculoskeletal CT, MRI, and ultrasound protocols—including general indications for use and special situations such as dealing with metal artifacts—patient questionnaires that help you make the best imaging choices, and a hip appendix that offers expert guidance on how to properly image the hip.
"To summarize, the book represents an excellent tool for radiologists in training, general radiologists, and also for the referring clinicians, who want to get an overview on the field with a well written text, and who want a practical guide for the clinical approach. Here, the section on procedures and protocols is especially useful. Tables, tips and rules of thumb of obviously very experienced authors provide an easy and instructional access to all the important MSK imaging issues." - Noebauer-Huhmann I. Book review. Eur J Radiol (2009), doi:10.1016/j.ejrad.2009.04.053
"The references are up to date, and limited to essentials. A welcome feature is the introduction of common surgical procedures of the shoulder, as well as imaging of the postoperative knee.The anatomical full-color pictures clarify the anatomy, and several tables and boxes concentrate on the essential information. This book is highly recommended for anyone involved in musculoskeletal radiology." Acta Radiolgica, 2009
By William Brian Morrison, MD, Associate Professor of Radiology, Director, Division of Musculoskeletal and General Diagnostic Radiology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA; and Timothy G. Sanders, MD