Mosby's Nursing Leadership & Management Online
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
Mosby's Nursing Leadership & Management Online is an innovative online course that's adaptable to many learning situations because it can be used as a stand-alone course, as a supplement to an existing class, or as a distance-learning course. The 16 online modules and accompanying work text take a very practical, real-life approach to teaching leadership and management skills. The interactive online environment engages users in the learning process through illustrations, pop-up resources, learning activities, and more. Drawing on the experience of a nursing professor and a management consultant, it offers an understanding of both key nursing management practices and important business concepts — merging theory, research, and practical experience in each online module. Topics cover a wide range of management issues, such as delegation, communication, time management, problem solving, stress management, and legal/ethical considerations.Table of Contents
- Each module begins with an Introduction that outlines the basic sections of the module.
- The Overview explains key management concepts users will learn about in the module.
- The Focused Reading Assignment directs users to read the corresponding chapter in the work text and provides a list of questions that they should be able to answer upon completion.
- Review of Key Concepts, Principles, and Terms summarizes important discussions from the worktext that users may need to apply to complete the module.
- You are the Manager sections present realistic case scenarios in which users assume the role of manager.
- Case scenarios summarize important background information such as the history of the case, the current situation, and recent events.
- Once users have a grasp of the situation, they are given a management task.
- Users can click on links to supporting documentation such as e-mails, notes, and definitions.
- Initial Data Collection sections provide users with information necessary to make important management decisions.
- Photographs show various dialogues between managers and staff, different methods of communication, body language, and much more.
- Getting to Work sections help users sort out the data they have collected and reinforce key concepts presented in the module.
- Learning Activities such as multiple-select questions and matching exercises provide immediate feedback and rationales and keep track of user performance.
- The Conclusion provides a summary of the key leadership and management concepts users learned in the module.
By Robert L. Anders, APRN, DrPH, CNAA, CS, Associate Dean, College of Health Science; Professor and Director, School of Nursing, University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso, TX, USA; and James A. Hawkins, EdD, MBA, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Directions Corporation, Honolulu, HI, USA