Mosby's Nursing Leadership & Management Online
Practical leadership and management training in a convenient online courseTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Nursing Leadership and Management Online is a revolutionary online course w/accompanying textbook designed for leadership and management courses within the nursing curriculum. To date, no other online course like this is available within the nursing market. This course takes a very practical, real-life approach to teaching excellent management skills, merging theory, research and practical experience into fundamental leadership and management skills. This online course and text combination delivers an innovative approach to the presentation of management concepts and provides best practices from the business world and applies them to nursing.
The online course consists of sixteen modules which cover the gamut of topics pertaining to leadership and management, such as delegation, culture, the impact of technology on health care management, violence in the workplace, legal/ethical issues, and more! The modules can be used to tailor a course for both the undergraduate and graduate levels. The textbook, which is available in print with this online course/text package, will provide the necessary reading assignments tied to the online course. It will include the theory and background content that the student needs to prepare for the online application.
- Each module begins with an Introduction that outlines the basic sections of the module.
- The Overview explains key management concepts users will learn about in the module.
- The Focused Reading Assignment directs users to read the corresponding chapter in the work text and provides a list of questions that they should be able to answer upon completion.
- Review of Key Concepts, Principles, and Terms summarizes important discussions from the worktext that users may need to apply to complete the module.
- You are the Manager sections present realistic case scenarios in which users assume the role of manager.
- Case scenarios summarize important background information such as the history of the case, the current situation, and recent events.
- Once users have a grasp of the situation, they are given a management task.
- Users can click on links to supporting documentation such as e-mails, notes, and definitions.
- Initial Data Collection sections provide users with information necessary to make important management decisions.
- Photographs show various dialogues between managers and staff, different methods of communication, body language, and much more.
- Getting to Work sections help users sort out the data they have collected and reinforce key concepts presented in the module.
- Learning Activities such as multiple-select questions and matching exercises provide immediate feedback and rationales and keep track of user performance.
- The Conclusion provides a summary of the key leadership and management concepts users learned in the module.
Mosby's Nursing Leadership & Management Online is a NEW leadership and management online course/text resource!
By Robert L. Anders, APRN, DrPH, CNAA, CS, Associate Dean, College of Health Science; Professor and Director, School of Nursing, University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso, TX, USA; and James A. Hawkins, EdD, MBA, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Directions Corporation, Honolulu, HI, USA