The Family Medicine Handbook, 5th Edition
Mobile Medicine Series
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Written by experts at the University of Iowa, this popular resource contains all of the up-to-date clinical information you need to diagnose and treat disorders commonly seen in inpatient and ambulatory settings. Bulleted text, tables, and algorithms enable you to grasp what you need to know in moments. You'll also find a new two-color design, making it easier to find the facts you need-when you need them.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Provides evidence-based guidelines and number needed to treat (NNT) and number needed to harm (NNH) when available.
- Features an expanded herbal formulary, highlighting drug-herb interactions and the evaluation of the effectiveness of herbal therapies.
- Offers new information on SARS and West Nile virus.
- Incorporates a new section on Long-Term Care.
- Discusses clotting and platelet disorders and the evaluation of serum total protein in an expanded hematology section.
- Offers additional adult immunization information.
- Uses a new two-color design, making it easier to find the facts you need-fast.
- Hands on information that is truly germane to patient management.
- CDC guidelines on post-exposure HIV prophylaxis and hepatitis C diagnosis and treatment.
- Treatment options beyond standard guidelines, for assistance when the usual protocols fail.
By University of Iowa; Mark A. Graber, MD, Associate Professor of Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine, Departments of Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA; Jennifer L. Jones and Jason K. Wilbur