Legal Medicine, 7th Edition
Regarded as the citable treatise in the field, the 7th Edition of Legal Medicine explores and illustrates the legal implications of medical practice and the special legal issues arising from managed care. Edited by the American College of Legal Medicine Textbook Committee, it features comprehensive discussions on a myriad of legal issues that health care professionals face every day. Substantially revised and expanded and written in a plain manner, this New Edition includes 20 brand-new chapters that address the hottest topics in the field today. Will also serve as the syllabus for the Board Review Course of the American Board of Legal Medicine (ABLM).Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Features many brand-new chapters, including Patient Safety · Medication Errors · Disclosure of Adverse Outcome and Apologizing to Injured Patient · Liability of Pharmacists · No-Fault Liability· Legal Aspects of Bioterrorism · and Forensic Psychiatry.
- Includes need-to-know information on telemedicine and electronic mail · medical and scientific expert testimony · medical records and disclosure about patients · and liability exposure facing managed care organizations.
- Addresses the legal aspects of almost every medical topic that impacts health care professionals.
- Uses actual case studies to illustrate nuances in the law.
- Discusses current trends in the peer review process · physician-assisted suicide · and managed care organizations.
- Offers the expert guidance of top professionals across medical and legal fields in an easy to read format.
- Includes a glossary of medical terms.