Medical-Surgical Nursing (Single Volume), 7th Edition
Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems
The bestselling Medical-Surgical Nursing, 7th Edition provides a well-rounded and comprehensive approach to nursing care. It covers patient care in various clinical settings by employing a unique levels of care approach, discussing nursing implementation at multiple levels. Special features highlight the content that is most relevant and challenging for today's nursing students, including patient teaching, nutrition, drug therapy, cultural and ethnic disparities, and more.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New chapters on Health Disparities, Stress and Stress Management, Infection and HIV, and Nursing Management: Obesity provide a more comprehensive look at the world of medical-surgical nursing.
- Electronic Resource Summary at chapter openers alert students to additional electronic resources available on companion CD and Evolve.
- Gender Differences boxes summarize how women and men are affected differently by medical conditions.
- Drug Alert boxes highlight important considerations applicable to key drugs.
- A glossary of key terms and definitions contains definitions and page references.
- NCLEX examination style review questions in each chapter include a focus on prioritization of patient care.
- All nursing care plans now incorporate NIC and NOC.
- More than 50 interactive case studies with realistic, 3-D animations to help you visualize disease processes from the inside out
- A unique Stress-Busting Kit for Nursing Students with strategies for managing your (and your patients') stress
- A collection of Multimedia Supplements with audio and video clips, plus additional animations
- 375 NCLEX® examination-style review questions
- Identifies and discusses all levels of nursing management, including Health Promotion, Acute Intervention, and Ambulatory and Home Care, to prepare the nurse to effectively intervene at various stages of illness.
- Online podcasts feature audio key points summaries for each chapter highlighting important information.
- Extensive gerontologic content discusses age-related changes for each body system and alerts the nurse to differences often encountered in older patients.
- Attractive four-color design and over 1,400 full-color illustrations enhance learning by presenting disease processes and related anatomy and physiology more clearly.
- About 55 thoroughly updated, comprehensive nursing care plans incorporate current NANDA diagnoses, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, interventions with rationales, evaluation criteria, and more.
Clinical Companion to Medical-Surgical Nursing, 7 Edition
Study Guide for Medical-Surgical Nursing, 7 Edition : Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems
Clinical Companion to Medical Surgical Nursing - CD-ROM PDA Software, 7 Edition
Virtual Clinical Excursions for Medical-Surgical Nursing, 7 Edition
Simulation Learning System for Lewis et al: Medical-Surgical Nursing (User Guide and Access Code), 7 Edition : Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems
Medical-Surgical Nursing - Single-Volume Text and Study Guide Package, 7 Edition : Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems
By Sharon L. Lewis, RN, PhD, FAAN, Professor, Schools of Nursing and Medicine, Castella Distinguished Professor of Nursing, University of Texas Health Science Center, Clinical Nurse Scientist, Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center, South Texas Veterans Health Care System, San Antonio, TX; Margaret M. Heitkemper, RN, PhD, FAAN, Professor, Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, School of Nursing, Adjunct Professor, Division of Gastroenterology, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA; Shannon Ruff Dirksen, RN, PhD, Associate Professor, College of Nursing and Health Care Innovation, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ; Patricia Graber O'Brien, APRN BC, BSN, MA, MSN, Instructor, College of Nursing, University of New Mexico; Clinical Research Coordinator, Lovelace Scientific Resources, Albuquerque, NM; and Linda Bucher, DNSc, RN, Associate Professor, School of Nursing, University of Delaware; Nursing Research Facilitator, Christiana Care Health System, Newark, DE